About the Journal
The journal publishes communications in two types/parts:
A) peer reviewed journal articles (research papers, review of state-of-the art papers)
B) not reviewed communications in form of reports, data sets, technique reviews, conference papers, abstracts, discussions.
The language of the peer reviewed articles is only English.
The non-reviewed communications have to be preferably in English, but can be published in German or other languages, too, if the editorial team is able to check the formal level and the quality of the material on this language. In this case title and abstract in English language has to be provided.
Topic of interests
Topic of interests are new, not published research results and materials related to:
- development of products of textiles
- textile materials, their production and parameter identification
- 2D and 3D pattern design
- optimisation and body shape fitting
- 3D/4D scanning, data processing
- cutting and investigations on preparatory processes
- assembling technologies – sewing, welding, gluing, thermoforming, folding, packing
- textile logistics
- recycling of textile products
- numerical modelling of all these processes
- interaction between clothing and human body with all its aspect related to mechanical, thermal, moisture, processes and human body comfort
- biomechanics related to textile product development
- other related topics.
Review process for the review articles
Each submission is reviewed from at least four persons.
1. After the submisison two of the Editors-in-Chief, or Editor-in-Cheif and one Member of the Editorial Board (in case the other Editor-in-Cheif is co-author or related to the authors of the manuscript) check the manuscript and decide about its potential for publication.
2. If the novelity and content is suitable two independent reviewers are invited to review the material. In case that their oppinion is very different, additional reviewers can be invited.
The review process is open and transparent for author and reviewers:
- the reviewers can see the authors of the material
- the author receives the complete feedback of the reviewers, without their personal data (single blind review process).
Discussions on previous published results are welcome and will be published without review in form of short communication with DOI, too.
The length of the reviewed papers is not limited, but only well structured materials will be considered for publication.
The journal is a purely online journal, without print issues. All published papers are available as open access papers in PDF format under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Formally, all published manuscripts are structured in two issues per year.
The references have to be formated following the ACM reference stlye https://www.acm.org/publications/authors/reference-formatting
This is available in Citavi, Zotero, Endnote and many other reference managers.
Publication charges / Article processing charges
CDATP journal do not charge any fees for publication of articles. The costs for DOI and web hosting are covered by the Saxonia State and University Library (SLUB), Dresden and TU Dresden. The work of all editors and production team is voluntary.
The authors retain the copright of their paper without restrictions.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The CDATP journal is committed to maintaining the highest level of integrity in the content published.
The editorial team may use plagiarism detection software to check the submissions. If plagiarism is detected, the COPE guidelines on plagiarism will be followed.
This journal follows the COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors and the Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Yordan Kyosev has taken the Chair of Assembly Technology for Textile Products at ITM, TU Dresden in 2019 (renamed to "Chair of Development and Assembly of textile Products" in 2021). In this time the most high impact level journals were concentrated on materials, polymers, informatics or other specific content, but did not cover the interaction between these sciences, required in the development and assembling of textile products. From other side, the increased article processing charges and the very limited number of open access textile journals, listed in DOAJ limits additionaly the publication possibilities for the scientific results in this area. In order to fill this gap, with the intensive technical support of SLUB the starting of CDATP Journal was prepared in 2019 and the journal was able to start very successfully in year 2020 with two issues independt on the COVID situation, which has changed significantly our scientific live.
- Dr. Mila Klochkova-Schiefer is the developer of the logo and the page template of the journal (2019)
- Arturo Romero Karam, M.Sc. was production manager (2020)