About the Journal
The journal “Communications in Development and Assembling of Textile Products” (CDATP), ISSN 2701-939X, is an international peer reviewed, pure open access journal.
It has the mission to offer a forum for scientific exchange in the interdisciplinary area of the engineering development of textile based products and the technology of their assembling. Textile based products include clothes, footwear, leather products and any other products made by fiber based or flexible materials, or made by the method of textile production.
Topic of interests are new, not published research results and materials related to:
- development of products of textiles, leather and other flexible materials.
- textile materials, their production and parameter identification
- 2D and 3D pattern design
- optimisation and body shape fitting
- 3D/4D scanning, data processing
- cutting and investigations on preparatory processes
- assembling technologies – sewing, welding, gluing, thermoforming, folding, packing
- textile logistics
- recycling of textile products
- numerical modelling of all these processes
- interaction between clothing and human body with all its aspect related to mechanical, thermal, moisture, processes and human body comfort
- footwear, their production and interaction between the product and the body
- biomechanics related to textile product development
- other related topics.
The journal publishes communications in two types/parts:
A) peer reviewed journal articles (research papers, review of state-of-the art papers)
B) not reviewed communications in form of reports, data sets, technique reviews, conference papers, abstracts, discussions.
The language of the peer reviewed articles is only English.
The non-reviewed communications have to be preferably in English, but can be published in German or other languages, too, if the editorial team is able to check the formal level and the quality of the material in this language. In this case, the title and abstract in the English language have to be provided.
Review process for the review articles
Each submission is reviewed by at least four persons.
1. After the submission two of the Editors-in-Chief, or Editor-in-Cheif and one Member of the Editorial Board (in case the other Editor-in-Cheif is co-author or related to the authors of the manuscript) check the manuscript and decide about its potential for publication.
2. If the novelty and content is suitable two independent reviewers are invited to review the material. In case that their opinion is very different, additional reviewers can be invited.
The review process is open and transparent for author and reviewers:
- the reviewers can see the authors of the material
- the author receives the complete feedback of the reviewers, without their personal data (single blind review process).
Discussions on previous published results are welcome and will be published without review in form of short communication with DOI, too.
The length of the reviewed papers is not limited, but only well-structured materials will be considered for publication.
The journal is a purely online journal, without print issues. All published papers are available as open access papers in PDF format under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Formally, all published manuscripts are structured in two issues per year.
The references have to be formatted following the ACS reference style
This is available in Citavi, Zotero, Endnote and many other reference managers.
For Zotero the Style is available as "ACS Style" and can be found here
or downloaded from the folder with the word template from the link below.
For EndNote https://endnote.com/style_download/american-chemical-society-acs/
Publication charges / Article processing charges
CDATP journal do not charge any fees for the publication of articles. The costs for DOI and web hosting are covered by the Saxonia State and University Library (SLUB), Dresden and TU Dresden. The work of all editors and the production team is voluntary.
The authors retain the copyright of their paper without restrictions.
The editorial team checks routinely each manuscript first on Google. In cases of any suspicion using plagiarism or self-plagiarism detection software available at TU Dresden to check the submissions. If plagiarism is detected, the COPE guidelines on plagiarism will be followed.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The CDATP journal is committed to maintaining the highest level of integrity in the content published.
This journal follows the COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors and the Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers.
Posting a manuscript on a preprint server or an author's personal or institutional webpage (without DOI, publisher) does not count as a previous publication. Once the manuscript is accepted and published, the author is responsible to update the preprint record with a publication reference, including the DOI and URL link to the published version.
The authors are encouraged to deposit a copy of their accepted manuscripts papers in an institutional or another repository of their choice, as Accepted version (Author Accepted Manuscript) and as a Published version (Version of Record). Authors should provide a link from the deposited version to the DOI and URL of the published article. The only purpose of this link is to ensure, that the journal's website is clearly identified as the definitive version of record. There is NO embargo period for self-archiving.
The journal is listed in Romeo https://v2.sherpa.ac.uk/id/publication/39565
Long time archive
For guaranteeing the long time archive, all published articles are uploaded regularly in the "Zeitschriften Datenbank" of the German National Library (Deutsche National Bibliothek - DNB) and available under the following link:
Journal record at DNB: https://ld.zdb-services.de/resource/3038937-9 or https://zdb-katalog.de/title.xhtml?idn=1218553049
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals https://doaj.org/toc/2701-939X
- GoogleScholar - https://scholar.google.de/scholar?hl=de&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=communications+in+development+and+assembling+of+textile+products&btnG=
- ResearchGate https://www.researchgate.net/project/Journal-Communications-in-development-and-assembling-of-textile-product
- Romeo https://v2.sherpa.ac.uk/id/publication/39565
- German National Library (DNB) http://d-nb.info/1218553049
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Yordan Kyosev has taken the Chair of Assembly Technology for Textile Products at ITM, TU Dresden in 2019 (renamed to "Chair of Development and Assembly of textile Products" in 2021). At this time the most high-impact level journals were concentrated on materials, polymers, informatics or other specific content, but did not cover the interaction between these sciences, required in the development and assembling of textile products. From other side, the increased article processing charges and the very limited number of open access textile journals, listed in DOAJ limit additionally the publication possibilities for the scientific results in this area. In order to fill this gap, with the intensive technical support of SLUB the starting of CDATP Journal was prepared in 2019 and the journal was able to start very successfully in year 2020 with two issues independent of the COVID situation, which has changed significantly our scientific life. Prof. Dr. Dr. hab. Andrea Ehrmann (FH Bielefeld, University of Applied Sciences) joined the journal team as Co-Editor-in-Chief short after the journal launch and manages the topics related to the natural sciences (physics, nanoparticles, smart particles) and the quality insurance of the production.
- Dr. Mila Klochkova-Schiefer is the developer of the logo and the page template of the journal (2019)
- Arturo Romero Karam, M.Sc. was production manager (2020)